There’s various web-based visualization tools that can help your organizations create stunning visuals that can be embedded on your website. Today we review five tools, including Observable, Instorier, ProtoPie, Framer, and ArcGIS. Let’s begin!
Observable is a web-based platform for creating and sharing interactive data visualizations and applications. It is a powerful tool that can be used by anyone, regardless of their coding experience.
Observable notebooks are made up of cells, which can contain code, text, or images. Cells can be executed in sequence, or they can be linked together to create interactive workflows. Observable also provides a wide range of data visualization libraries, including D3, Vega, and Vega-Lite.
Here are some of the key features of Observable:
- Interactive data visualizations: Observable notebooks can be used to create interactive data visualizations that can be explored and manipulated by users. This makes them a great way to communicate data insights to a wider audience.
- Code-free: Observable notebooks are code-free, which means that anyone can use them, regardless of their coding experience. This makes them a great tool for data scientists, analysts, and business users who want to create interactive data visualizations without having to learn how to code.
- Collaboration: Observable notebooks can be shared and collaborated on with others in real-time. This makes them a great tool for teams working on data visualization projects. Observable notebooks are stored in Git repositories, which means that you can easily track changes and revert to previous versions.
- Community: Observable has a large and active community of users who share notebooks, collaborate on projects, and provide support. This makes it a great place to learn about data visualization and to find inspiration for your own projects.
- Deployment: Observable notebooks can be deployed to the web, making them easy to share with others.
If you are interested in creating interactive data visualizations, Observable is a great tool to consider. It is powerful, easy to use, and has a large and active community of users.
Instorier is a powerful tool that allows you to create stunning visuals quickly and easily for web-based storytelling. It has a wide variety of features and options, making it a great choice for a variety of users.
- A wide variety of templates: Instorier has a wide variety of templates to choose from, so you can create stunning visuals quickly and easily.
- A large library of assets: Instorier has a large library of assets, including photos, videos, and animations, so you can find the perfect elements to complement your designs.
- A powerful editor: Instorier has a powerful editor that allows you to customize your designs with ease. You can add text, 3D elements, video, audio, and adjust the layout and theme of your designs.
- A variety of sharing options: Instorier offers a variety of sharing options, so you can share your designs with the world. You can share them on social media, embed them on your website, or download them as a file.
- A team collaboration feature: Instorier has a team collaboration feature that allows you to work on designs with others. This is a great way to get feedback on your designs and to collaborate with others on projects.
- A mobile app: Instorier has a mobile app that allows you to create and edit designs on the go. This is a great way to create designs when you’re on the go.
- A free plan: Instorier offers a free plan that allows you to create and share a limited number of designs.
ProtoPie is a high-fidelity prototyping tool that allows you to create interactive prototypes for mobile, desktop, web, and IoT devices. It is a code-free tool that uses a drag-and-drop interface to create prototypes. ProtoPie has a wide range of features, including:
- Importing designs from Sketch, Figma, and Adobe XD: ProtoPie can import designs from popular design tools, making it easy to get started.
- Support for macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android: ProtoPie can be used on a variety of devices, making it easy to test your prototypes on different platforms.
- Support for sensors in smart devices: ProtoPie can be used to create prototypes that interact with sensors in smart devices, such as the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
- All code-free: ProtoPie is a code-free tool, making it easy to create prototypes without any coding experience.
- Variables, formulas, native keyboards, GIFs, videos, URL schemes, etc: ProtoPie has a wide range of features that allow you to create highly interactive prototypes.
- Create prototypes that can “talk” to each other across multiple devices: ProtoPie can be used to create prototypes that can interact with each other, even if they are on different devices.
ProtoPie is a powerful prototyping tool that can be used to create high-fidelity prototypes for a variety of devices. It is a code-free tool that is easy to learn and use, making it a great choice for designers of all levels of experience.
Framer is a web design tool that allows you to create and publish websites without any coding. It is a cloud-based platform that offers a variety of features, including:
- A drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to create and edit your website’s design
- A built-in CMS that allows you to manage your website’s content without any coding
- A variety of templates and components that you can use to create your website
- A powerful search engine optimization (SEO) tool that helps you get your website found by search engines
- A responsive design that ensures your website looks great on all devices
- Active community: Framer has a large and active community of users who can provide support and advice.
Framer is a great option for anyone who wants to create a website without any coding experience. It is also a good option for businesses that want to create a website that is easy to manage and update.
ArcGIS Online is a powerful and versatile tool for working with spatial data and telling stories based on maps. It is easy to use, has a wide range of features, and is accessible from anywhere:
- Create and share maps: ArcGIS Online makes it easy to create and share interactive maps. You can add your own data, use Esri’s extensive library of map content, and collaborate with others to create beautiful and informative maps.
- Analyze data: ArcGIS Online provides a wide range of tools for analyzing spatial data. You can use these tools to identify patterns, trends, and relationships in your data.
- Work with teams: ArcGIS Online makes it easy to collaborate with others on projects. You can share maps, data, and analysis with others, and you can work together in real time.
- Access your data from anywhere: ArcGIS Online is a cloud-based service, so you can access your data from anywhere with an internet connection. This makes it easy to work on projects from home, the office, or the field.